MOVIE REVIEW: BAJRANGI BHAIJAAN.

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Assalamualaikum and hi lovelies. 


I am still alive and I am still standing on the ground! I have not got this blog updated as regularly as before, or as regularly as I should. My apologies! Today, my writing is all about movie review. I realize that I never make any of movie reviews in my blog although in reality I love watching movies, either at home or in cinema. But this time it is gonna be different because yes, I would do it. 


Just by looking at my blog post title, you could know what movie I am gonna share with. For those who have been following my blog since the first time I made my appearance in this blogging world, they definitely know that I have been a huge fan and follower of bollywood movies and you know what? I have so many favourites in the Indian movie industry, either juniors or seniors and I guess you do have too. On the other hand, I will not miss a chance to spend my leisure time on watching bollywood movies over 2-3 hours duration. Hahaha how cool is that! My sisters would be my loyal companions while watching because they certainly have same level of interest as me and in my opinion, when you gotta watch bollywood movies it is enjoyable and fun to be watching together or 'ramai-ramai'. 


Now back to my purpose for writing. Last time us sisters was spending our time together watching a new hit bollywood movie, namely, Bajrangi Bhaijaan. You must be wondering what do Bajrangi and Bhaijaan mean right? Let me tell you before I go any further in this review. 'Bajrang' is a Hindi word which means 'one with a strong frame or a strongly built body'. The word is also commonly associated with Hindu God Hanuman who is called 'Bajrang Bali' too. Bajrangi is a name (often reserved for wrestlers in the stereotypical world of Hindi cinema) that has the same meaning, strongly built while Bhaijaan means a respectful address for brother, generally older brother in Urdu. It means to say that Bajrangi Bhaijaan would mean 'Brother Bajrangi'. Any doubts you might have is cleared so now let's find out what the movie is all about and see how far it attracts you.





"Bajrangi Bhaijaan is a film directed by Kabir Khan and produced by Salman Khan as well as Rockline Venkatesh. It features Salman Khan (Pawan Kumar Chaturvedi aka 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'), Kareena Kapoor Khan (Rasika) and Nawazuddin Siddiqui (Chand Nawab) in the lead roles. The film revolves around a young speech-impaired girl from Pakistan, Harshaali Malhotra (Munni aka Shahida) who gets separated from her mother at the Indian railway station. Lost and hungry, she finds shelter at the home of Pawan, an ardent devotee of Hanuman, a devout Hindu with a magnanimous spirit hailing from a robust wrestling family. Bajrangi Bhaijaan tells the story of how Pawan undertakes the task to get the girl from across the border back to her home and reunites her with her family against all odds. Set against the backdrop of colourful Chandni Chowk, the film travels from the heartland of Punjab, through the deserts of Rajasthan, over the snow-capped mountains of Kashmir that takes our breath away!"


The movie had been released worldwide on July 17th 2015 during the eid 2015 and breaking several box office records in India and abroad, that is what Wikipedia said. Bajrangi Bhaijaan is the film with a significant message that is quite remarkably touching, heart-wrenching and takes your heart along with your brain as well. The ensembles of actors and actresses evoking various feelings, emotions and thoughts into their performances get hold of the audiences' attention!





I really do not know from where to start and where to end but Salman Khan nails it! I do not admire him so much but I sometimes adore his acting. This time his most innocent role as Pawan is unbeatable yet incomparable. It could never be the same like any roles he has played all this while. You will forget he is Salman Khan and only see Pawan! His pure intention to help Harshaali Malhotra or known as Munni aka Shahida from the beginning to the end literally made me fascinated and spontaneously started tearing up.







Kareena Kapoor Khan as Rasika, a school teacher as well as Salman Khan's love is competent in her brief role and she delivers it with perfection. She is always there for Salman Khan's journey even there is conflict of ideologies between them both. Nawazuddin Siddiqui's character, Chand Nawab, a Pakistani journalist exhibits his acting to the hilt that exactly makes the movie slightly entertaining and causes us laugh our hearts out.









And not to miss, the cute little girl with angelic face, Munni aka Shahida gets herself into the limelight. Of course, this movie could not have been what it is without her. It is beyond words that she shares a strong on-screen chemistry with Salman Khan and she manages to shine in every scene. Her innocent look, her expressions, her large, playful eyes, her winning smile, the way she conveys it without uttering any single words make our hearts melt. As a child actor, she portrays her character tremendously.








However, other roles are brilliant, just brilliant. Everyone succeeds to put themselves into the role of a person who they represent. Not only that, it gives us deep impression especially about religion, love and humanity, proves it is time to move on and see the world beyond partition and destruction and regardless of who you are and where you belong, even when there is no blood relationship, still there is one thing that unites us all human-beings which called life.


Official Trailer of Bajrangi Bhaijaan.


Starting from the official trailer, poster, star-cast, storyline, music, dance, scenery, etc, Mr. Director, Khabir Khan has brilliantly presented this movie, after Ek Tha Tiger (2012). For those who have been watching this, I am sure you have enjoyed this but in case you Malays have not done yet, be sure to catch it only at TGV Cinemas, Suria KLCC since the movie is still new which I do not think it is on youtube.


If you are interested, you may install the mobile application on Google Play Store or Apple Play Store or just enter their websites to get movie showtimes and purchase movie tickets online in advance:


TGV Cinemas, Suria KLCC


There is always a sense of grandeur and humour with sentimental value in any of Salman Khan's movies. And that is the one common thing you will not miss whenever he is on screen. Above everything else, please do not be surprised if my final rating of this movie is 4 out of 5 because it is not a disappointment and an absolute-watch. It has all the gimmicks and it is not a typical movie of him but much more than that. Do not forget to bring along the tissues with you, who knows it will slowly tear you up!


*Coming next is Dilwale 2015. ;)



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. i try to read the rest of the entry, but salman khan's body is too muscular. can't take my eyes off. dayyum... that biceps tho.. for the record, of course i'm straight. hahaha...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Stats

website counter

Online